Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Paint Can

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The tricky part of the texture was to make the white elements transparent so you could see the can metal through them. I used two maps, one for the label and other for the transparency value.

Crits and opinions are welcome! :)

Geez thanx, I'm honored, of course... I consider myself a beginner in this, and materials are not exactly my strong point.

Soon my dad will prompt me for more of his labels, so stick around!

What base material did you use for the can itself?

Believe it or not... I used the default chrome material that comes with the A:M. Well, kinda. I just changed the color to a brighter gray.

Thanx for your comments!

I don't know very much about map applying in A:M, I heard somewhere about the Alpha Channel as a way of adding transparence, but couldn't exactly solve how to include it in the decal mode... If you make an Alpha channel in Photoshop, for example, and export it as TGA, would it be included when you apply the decal in A:M?

I'll give it a shot to see what happens. Something that bothered me with my texture is that the two decals (diffuse and transparency) didn't match accurately. I think i'll make a test with alpha channel, just to see if it gets better.

• Admin

That you didn't use alpha channels might be adding a neat/realistic effect there. :)

It's almost as if the label was printed onto the can and the registration of the colors was just slightly off. You see that a lot in the real world.

A perfect placement might lessen that effect.

Good job!