Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Mission Style Table

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice table - can I have the real one please? :) Seriously, one little thing. I own a fair amount of mission stuff, I'm a big fan. The handles should not be chrome or metal like you have them, they should be dark charcoal pitted or chiseled matte metal. Other than that, really nice.

Handles are better for sure - but yep WAY too dark. The problem is essentially you have it backlit (not totally but almost) which cast the fore in shadow. You are using a spot which casts hard shadows. You want soft shadows and lots of light for product shots.

I'd suggest this light tutorial which is awesome:

http://www.itchy-animation.co.uk/indoor-light.htm

Will open your mind to using light. A skylight would be nice of course, but barring that you want this softly lit with little or no shadows - soft ones for sure not hard.

HTH

Tom

I can see the details quite well... maybe you should adjust your gamma-settings (or I should adjust mine...) but you could increase the strength of the lights a bit, so everybody can see it...

I dont know if he would help you there... you should ask him by a personal message or mail... but it would be more useful since turbo is more used by 3ds&maya-users than A:m-Users...

*Fuchur*

Do you guys think I should increase the intensity of the lights striking the corners of the table? Tehy are already at 200%. And the bulb in the middle causing a light bounce effect is at 40%. I think that should be enough. Or maybe that's just me. And hey Flog look at this.

post-8-1109816774.jpg

Included is a targa file of a new render with gamma conversion. I hope Targas show up on the site. <_< This was rendered with a sky dome and two kliegs. The image displays the reason why I decided not to use the sky dome in the first render. It took all depth away from the picture. I think the second render was the best, and it just looked bad on your computers because I did not do gamma conversion in the render. So its full work of art feel fell to the dogs. If you have any more pointers please feel free to place them here.

Untitled.tga

Is the Targa working? Or should I put up another file format. I would convert it to Jpg for viewing but I'm not sure if the Gamma would still apply. This one has 27 lights pointed at the table. Anymore and it would appear blinding white. But you guys most likely didn't see this one cause the targa doesn't work on my end. I'm having allot of trouble with the targas coming out of A:M garbled. Gimp won't even load it. Strange thing is I can convert the image with a file convertor and it comes out just fine but I don't know if it still holds the gamma. Anyone else ever get this?

P.S. The texture on the table is a Rose Wood texture. Rose Wood is a very dark wood. In any scene it will appear dark and so will the shadows on it. This plus the charcoal colored handles makes for a dark piece of furniture. Raising the light intensity till it comes to the shade of oak is not a good idea because it doesn't show the proper shade of what would be purchased. I'll make new textures for it with oak or cherry instead of Rose Wood make it lighter. This might be what needs to be improved. I've realized its not the lights, its the object itself. Thank you all for your concern.

OK, now if this one doesn't work I don't know what to do (Well, probably get a new computer;). After battling this computer for far too long, I have come up with this image with a newly textured table lit by a new rig. But more than just that, you all should probably see it the same way it shows on my computer. Due to it actually having gamma correction on it. Provided gamma correction transfers in a conversion from targa to jpg.

The picture is all I can put up right now being that its so late. I'll upload the updated model and pictures to Turbo Squid on monday. Thank you all for your interest and your tips. Till next week! ;)

post-8-1110095704.jpg

Damn, that looks real now! I don't really have anything else to say, so I'll use this as an excuse to say....

100th post! Boo-ya!

I'm sorry, I got a little carried away there. You can all get back to your lives. Nice table, though. Looks very real. I like the lighting in the last render.

Why thank you! B) I've worked very hard to get it to that level. And now that I know it works on other peoples computers and that it finally looks good I can go along with a happy day. But however that is not the final render that I did. I made one more before putting it up on TurboSquid because I was dissatisfied with the depth on the closer edge. This one I feel really highlights that edge.

post-8-1110425539.jpg