Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Orcish invasion!

new game, new interests, new models, new projects. What am I talking about? World of Warcraft, of course! Since Im so deeply engaged to this game, I decided to make my WoW char an AM figure, so here he is: Lottar!

(of course, he's not done yet)

FRONT:

post-7-1109557209.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and BIRDIE VIEW:

(and btw, it's 3:20 AM, so don't expect any progress the next coupple of hours)

EDIT: of course, all C&C's are welcome and I KNOW he's CP heavy, I just like to start out with 1000 too many and them enjoy deleting them all. Exept I use to get one problem: deciding which ones to delete. It's frustrating, I tell ya... but if any of you got any specific CP's you want deleted, then tell! oh please, tell!!

post-7-1109557298.jpg

Edited by Mr. Jaqe

Ken - i thought about that and tried, but it was too much tweaking and mess, so I just made one spline as the lowest part of the neck and took it from there.

Sevenar - sorry, that would be both illegal and stuff, so no :P maybe not illegal, but I wouldn't take the chance(and besides, I already tried to do so :P).

Making more progress, but it's not "worth" posting yet, barely made the neck.

I might post something later tonigh, but I got tons of homework(you grownups don't know how lucky you are).

I have a sideveiw, it's easy, just "nude" your game char and print screen him. The screenshots'll be saved in the Screenshot forlder in you WoW folder. And I made him some skin aswell and some eyes, here he is:

(and the skin is JUST so he is to look green, it's NOT permanent, I need something better).

EDIT: if you want a sideveiw, of course, you'll have to use the mouse and make sure you get a similar pose as you got with the front view, unlike I did :P experiencing some difficulties, trying to make the rotos fit, but it works, for now.

post-7-1109715370.jpg

Edited by Mr. Jaqe

I've encountered problem number 1 when using game-screens as rotos, you can't decide how they use their arms at that exact second you snap your shot... So, I had to improvise... a lot... but it turned out not too bad, atleast, I'll have to tweak it some and stuff. Anyways, here's Lottar's head+left arm+upper chest('bout time I spent some more time on thist model, poor Lottar).

FRONT:

post-7-1109892906.jpg

Something looks wrong with the hand to me. It looks like he's got no wrist.

It occurs to me that you could've opened your screenshot in photoshop and rotated the arm so it's straight out, it might've cut down on some of the guesswork...

He's coming along nicely. Are you gonna rig him to test your geometry? Looks like you may run into the same "ring around the shoulder" I had. Unless you're gonna use cog's. It'll be real easy to fix those rings before rigging cogs. Keep going!

He's coming along nicely. Are you gonna rig him to test your geometry? Looks like you may run into the same "ring around the shoulder" I had. Unless you're gonna use cog's. It'll be real easy to fix those rings before rigging cogs. Keep going!
thnx Scott. Now please explain, what the heck is a cog? :P

A cog is a radial arrangement of fan bones with constraints to allow the ring to move the mesh in a realistic motion. 3D Artz uses a system of them in his (Mike Fitz) rigs. It gives an impressively realistic appearance of interaction between the torso (in the case of the shoulder)and the shoulder and arm. It's still way over my head so that's the best way I can discribe it. If you go to his site I believe you can find some .mov files that show it in action. In a big muscular character such as this one it would come in handy.

It's definately not my point to critique... but why is the part of the hand where the pinky joins so far out like the thumb area? It looks like the hand is almost identical on both sides... but it looks good!

No I mean below the pinky. It looks like the arm continues to extend to far.... Ahh nevermind. It looks fine.
:lol: well, U checked it out and I think the camera-view was a bit missleading, because the pinky is on line with the 3 other fingers, not the thumb. Anyways, thnx for the critiq, even tho it was just an illusion :P

Wrist or no, I'd recommend not using the toon shader until the model is completely finished; it tends to make the underlying geometry even tougher to interpret. I for one would like to see a a render with the default shading so that we can all make out the form of your orc a bit better, rather than guessing from the shape of it's outline. :D Just a suggestion. Seems to be coming along nicely tho.

Yup. That helps alot. No offense, but you have ALOT of work to do if you want the Orc to look "correct." Wrist or no, their musculature is humaniod, so it's important to get it right. At the moment the biceps and forearms kinda blend together like a sock is streched over them. . .pecs, the abdominal area, legs. . you need to keep working to make them look right. . that said, if you plan on clothing him, don't bother.

On the other hand, the head looks pretty darn good. Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to the finished version!

-Morgan

thnx Morgan,

yea, I know he ain't "atomically correct", the main reason for that is... well, I know nada about anatomy. He WILL be clothed, yes, but Im not sure how much of him, so if you got any tips on what/where to read/study, please, give me a hint in the right direction, because I would like his arms to be more muscular. And thnx for the comment on the head, I've put so much effort into it... Now, if only I could stop beein sick, get a grip on how to make orc toes and give him a more muscular look, this model will be done in no-time.