Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

"No Honor Among Thieves"

I finally got my 15-year old reel back from the guy who transformed it to a DVD-ROM AVI for me. Let me just say that upon further review - this isn't as good as I remember! :lol:

Anyway, I promised I would post it so here it is. I did this in 1990 in my senior year at Columbia. I do remember it being a lot of work, the total time of actual animation is about 17 seconds, BUT much of it is reused/flipping cels and so forth to avoid doing too much work :rolleyes: so the piece suffers from that. The actual animating of the duck is not too good either! But it was fun - and a lot of work - to do.

In 15 years the film really suffered pretty bad. The color is all washed out and there are lots of artifacts and so forth. I have QuickTime Pro, I was thinking of downloading a trial of After Effects or Premiere to maybe tidy it up, but not sure if that would help.

The film is 7.56 MB, I suggest right clicking and save it to your hard drive. Enjoy!

http://www.pixelmech.com/rev/no_honor_small.mov

Tom

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks - well I don't know how far I've come, got nothing done yet in AM :lol:

Looking back I wish I had taken more time setting the key poses and doing the inbetweens. I do remember being under a time crunch (most likely because I procrastinated) and it was a big project. IIRC there were 300+ cels to draw, ink and color. The backgrounds are horrible too. It's just all part of my thing where I rushed through everything in school - man if I could only go back now!

I'm going to try and clean it up somehow, I'm just not sure how...

The face is surely a attempt to help the viewer enjoying the movie...

Coca Cola did that a long time ago... if you went to the cinema, they shown you 1 frame in a minute or something with a nice coke-bottle. After the movie, about 80% of the people in the cinema wanted to buy a coke.

This is not allowed anymore, but you tried to archieve a positiv feedback, right?

Anyway: It worked... I like it too... *gg*

*Fuchur*