What rig do you use?

adamP

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that depends on the character. Obviously I wouldn't use a biped rig on a spider.

So in general. I make my own model specific mesh rig--of course. Lay in a general control rig. And, then go over the whole thing with my fan rig (if/when necessary).

I don't use TSM. I don't use the Rogers' rig. I don't use the 2001 rig. I used the knowledge I gained from those rigs and made it suit my style.

J

For my rig I used Jeff lew's rig from his DVD site... it's free... FK arms I like to use and seem to be more controllable. For the hands-- the 2001 rig came in handy... roll the finger bone and the finger bends... I like that because you don't have to move every bone in the fingers... the constraints do the work. I added some fan bones and where the bends are simple, but there were way to many cp's for fanbones to be efficient, I used smartskin in a single fanbone that orients between to bones to smooth out unwanted pinching or warping.

Facial stuff... I'm a bit old fashioned... I like using phonemes.