Fat bunny model

Vash

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I suggest finding some Rabbit anatomy pictures. Rabbits hind legs aren't as twiggy as that. The muscles and tendons have a much smoother curve from the body to the thigh and from the thigh to calf to foot. If you look at Anatomy pictures it all comes very clear. Also I recomend making your default pose in the modeling window with him on his back and his legs spread out to the side. This often works better because it allows you to work out the hidden details a lot better. And then its allot easier to fold the legs in afterwards than it is to unfold them. Its what they did for the CocaCola Bears. Anyway just a few tips.

Hmm... Maybe I rushed him when I modeled him... I gotta think this through. I'll make some changes gradually along the way. I'll try to work through that. Now for some cheap, quick entertainment.

NOTE: Whenever I open my model, the bones are not attatched. I attatch them. Then I open it later to find the bones once again unattatched. What's wrong with it? Could it actually be corrupted?

Strawbunny.MOV

That was really a funny animation! Very nice! :P

The ears - why do you not let them act a bit - turning forwards - waiting for the strawberry - turning backwards - eating the strawberry!

And I think you can make the eyes much, much bigger! The eyes are really the things going into the soul contacting the universe. So have a try - make them really BIG!

And no sound! That is shit! :angry: The strawberry has a sound touching the ground. And the bunny eating it must have a sound. You can make the sounds yourself. Just some noise in a microphone... and perhaps some filter(s) to make your own sounds a little more realistic. With sounds your animation will come to life! :)

And then perhaps some lip-synced words from the bunny up to your own imagination. And you will have not only an anonymous bunny - You will have A CHARACTER! :rolleyes:

About the bones - I do not know - there must be a lot of members here able to answer that question! :unsure:

Wow! You really care that much how well I am doing? I just wanted to put this together quickly for fun. Maybe in awhile I'll make the bunny eat a strawberry with full sound. But thank you for all of that! (I may not be posting again for awhile)

I just had to have a try myself. Here is my bunny. For sure it is not that easy. I did not have a crisis though there are lot of creases.

Animation Master is missing a button. The NOT-CREASES button. There is such a button in Flash. If you have made a drawing in Flash. You can select the drawing or part of it and then click the SMOOTH button. Perhaps something for the Hash folks to think about. A little smoothing out in 3D can not be that hard to program?!.,

What do you think of my bunny? :blink:

post-7-1109850568.jpg

From thumbnail view I almost fainted, but on a closeup it's not as bad as I thought. Some q's though. Free geometry or attatched, 5 splines into one cp or four, how long did it take and the pink around the mouth should not be that blue. Also the hind legs stick out to far. But I would like to see it in action for myself.

It took me about six hours to do the bunny.

Here a little more... with the splines. I have used some hookes to insert the legs and ears.

The legs are 8-point lathes with some extruding.

The legs I have first modelled from the top view. And then building them together with the body by inserting 4 new points in 4-point patches in the body to be able to connect the legs.

And then I have rotated them. And done some fixing up.

The eyes I have not done very much to. I have to get some better eyes - some day!

Now I have tried to do a transparent material to show a red ball I have modeled and placed inside the head behind every eye, But the transparent setting will not let the red eye ball shine through - but it was just an experiment.

How have you built the skeleton? Can you upload a picture of your skeleton? Not yours - but your bunnies!!!!!

And one more question to you - have you used a decal? And then some hair?

And one more - what kind of material do you use for strawberries?

:rolleyes:

post-7-1109867151.jpg

A decal!! This thing is completely natrual, no decals, and unfortunately no fur, which I damned needed help for! Of a skel pic. I'm surprised that you did that in 6 hours! but you had to negate creases. Of a skel pic. I had fan bones between joints. So in rigging remember that I had those fan bones and constraint them. Of a skel pic:

gif.bmp

The skel looks natural - but one bone for the jaw? Do you not need two bones for that one? I was thinking of having no bones for the jaw using poses to get the bunny to talk.

You are talking of fan bones - I do not know what fan bones are - I have to look it up somewhere - perhaps I can find it in the Help?

Hair - it is just to right click Material in the PWS and choose New

And then to right click the new materials Attribute and choose Change type to Particle System and then choose Hair.

Drop it on your bunny - or perhaps just on a group - and you have got something to combe. Perhaps not seeing the mouth and the eyes.

I really have not got the time to play around with the bunny animating it but some day I will have a try - not next week I think. :rolleyes:

So you paid heed to my warning.... Yes, anyway, for the jaw, If you want it to talk I would suggest poses-it's somewhere in your manual you use Eddie to create the AI pose. I just used one jaw bone

Fan bones-Go to this thread to see what fan bones are. Read the ones below mine and mine just to be safe.

I wanted to do it that way, but once I do that I need hair normals to work the damn thing out. Perhaps another time I'll figure that out. Give me your e-mail so I can give you my bunny-don't forget to attatch the bones every time you open it....