Hash, Inc. Forums

Car WIP (McLaren)

agep

That car came out absolutely gorgeous. Great job! Incredibly accurate as well. Plus, the McLaren F1 is a really really cool car. That and the Koenigsegg CCR. Fastest street legal cars in the world I think. Anyways, You modeled that car perfectly, Stunning work!

-Robert Lazzarini

Thanks for the comments. I appreciate them very much :D

When you Render it.. Try using a wide angle camera,  like 22 mm or something.. That tends to give it a more dynamic sleek look sometimes.  Perspective is your friend.

Its probably a stupid question, but is that the 'focal length'? And if so should I just set it to 22?

I think what colin means is focal length yes, set it to 22 to get a sleeker elongated look to your model, similar to images in car magazines etc. Give us a traditional render too; it'd make a good poster! You could get good photo-realism with a smooth but detailed mesh like that, very impressive!

Regards - Nixie

Thanks.

I still have a list of things to do on the car yet, like details on the interior, few things on the body, and a massive job on materials and decals and so on.... :P