Hash, Inc. Forums

London Meeting this Saturday!

Parlo

Paul - Get well! And see you there.

Stephen - Get back to work!

John - Get that thing rendered!

Gary - Get that mouse in your bag now before you have a chance to forget!

Steve - Get yourself to "The Rose and Crown" tomorrow @ 2pm.

-----

Little question about the laptop... does it have firewire? I was thinking that if it does, it will be easier for me to bring my external firewire hard drive than to have to burn everything to disc.

See you all there

Sorry, guys, I'm not going to make this one. :(

I don't want to be that guy who looks like death, is constantly blowing his nose and coughing and trying not to breathe on anyone. It will be healthier for the group if I miss this meeting but I'll be there in spirit. :)

Someone take a camera and someone take notes!

I want to know what I missed.

If anyone wants to write a few, or more, words on the days events I would be very pleased to put them on the BA:M site.

I really wish I was going though.

Have fun and I hope to hear from you real soon!

Paul

Sam, is there any chance that you could get he room again in a month or so?

Well, when I finally got there (the London Underground had decided to do maintenance work right on the route I was trying to take) I met up with the rest of the BA:Mers in the pub, then off we went to the Chocolate Factory.

Personally, I think it went better than the previous venue - and not just because I had discovered where the volume button was on the laptop :)

We all strutted out stuff, except Pequod who was too cold, and it was great to see Steven there showing us all the interesting rigging systems using expressions that he has developed.

I thought Johns animation around the picture gallery was highly amusing and started to wonder about my poor animation skills.

But I must say it certainly recharged my batteries and has inspired me to press on and start doing some little animated sequences of me own to a much better level.

I was sorry that Paul couldn't make it. I would have liked to see what he's been upto but I hope he's reading this little summary and Parlo said there will probably be another venue in March/April. By then I might have some animation to show that I am pleased with ;)

All in all a great event (well, I thought so anyway) and sorry I had to dash off so quickly but it was getting past my bedtime…

Yep, I enjoyed my first BA:M meeting quite a bit.

I was intrigued by Sam's character's changable setup; made me think about new things I could develop for my own rig. The clip he showed looked fab and I can't wait to see more.

John's gallery animation was great and I was suitably impressed with his paintings he created for the background.

Stephen asked some questions about my rig (such as the switching between auto and normal movement) which has now got my brain cells twitching (left and right side, John :) ). I'm hoping to have something worked out by the end of today.

I'm glad Gary found my setup interesting. It makes a difference talking about such things with people who know what you're on about. I'm used to this glazed look people have whenever I yap on about constraints and such. I like the short sections you showed us, Gary, and I think you should definitely make the shorts you are thinking about, especially the lighting the broomstick one.

I tried to bore everybody with my Flash animations, concept artwork and my setups for face and body.

It was about 50/50 between A:M and politics which was better than I was expecting :D

One word to sum up the meeting: Corduroy.

Steve.