Hash, Inc. Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rumplestilskin

sound editing software

Now if only there was free compositing software!

Cheers

Just to throw another option into the mix:

Goldwave

I've been using Goldwave for years. It's shareware, but well worth the price. Also check out the link on the Goldwave site to its sister app, Multiquence, which is a multi-track audio/video mixer, also shareware. Granted, it's not nearly as full-featured as something like Premiere, but it's great for the price.

And just to add to the mix here is one more monster FREE sound tool from Digidesign:

ProTools FREE

Compatible with Mac OS 9 or Win 98 and Pro Tools FREE is limited to 8 audio and 48 MIDI tracks but it is FREE and you can always move up to the full versions if you like it that much.

I couldn't find a link to this download page from Digidesign's website so if you want it I would get it now before it disappears completely. :)

There's a link to PTfree right at the bottom of the home page.

Also, for music purposes, you may want to look at Sony's Acid Xpress (it's free too).

Rumplestilskin already knows this, but I recommend Sound Forge 7. I use it to clean up and have even used it for an animation. I used it to make the voice in this forum link. That is my normal voice done over with the pitch changer.

Audacity is what I use for audio editing (it's very nice), I just wanted to add a plug for Skale Tracker, if you need to put together music for anything, it is fantastic.