Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Haunted House

Test animation. I used Anders Avero's excellent 'Rain effects' plug-in for the rain hitting the puddles. Some post effects were done in DogWaffle (I over did it a bit I think) and there are obviously other things to correct but I thought I'd post to show we are actually doing some work on this pilot film :D

Haunted House movie

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Starwarsguy. The QT does appear jerky for some reason. The original Avi seems fine. Although I know a little slower fairing at the start of the track is needed.

Hypnomike - There are now 4 of us working on it. Two of us 'seriously' and the others mainly do bits of modeling here and there. At present we are only able to commit to it in spare time so it's very frustrating but great fun :)

VERY COOL!

The first thing that bugged me was the rain...it's a cool element but it looks 'pasted-on' instead of being a part of the scene, so when we zoom in to the scene we are not zooming thru the rain...

A cool solution would be to render your rain as an element from dogpatch (maybe oversized like 1500 X 1000 px) and then 'multi-plane' thru it in A:M....meaning you make 4 or 5 layers of the rain element and place them at various depths (facing camera) within the scene. Then, as we zoom in to the scene, we zoom thru the rain as well.

Another alternative, which would be cool too, would be to start experimenting with Hash's particles...in this case I guess 'streaks' would be in order.

Nice establishing shot tho!

I like the look and feel so far...any tips on how you did the night shot lighting (type of lights used, colors placements of the lights, etc.) with the moon .

Look forward to more

Mike C

Dalemation:

Really a great look you achieved there with your Haunted House!! I like everything about it.

My project involves a submarine coming out of the murky darkness and slowly heading past a camera very close to the water and the sub. The sub will come so close to the camera that it will completely fill out the screen at some point until it glides past.

I would like to do this with similar effect and lighting that you have achieved with your Haunted House. Would you also send me a file on how to do that? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Eric

I like the look and feel so far...any tips on how you did the night shot lighting (type of lights used, colors placements of the lights, etc.) with the moon .

Thanks Mike. Nothing complicated or revolutionary here :D I used a blue fill light to the left and slightly above the trees. The keylight is to the right and slightly green in colour. Another keylight is aimed at the house. Several rim lights are aimed through the trees and at the house. Another rim light is the moon which is simply set very bright and aimed at the Sky Dome. I have another light that moves across the clouds from left to right and lights up the clouds during the lightning. I also vastly increased the brightness of the house keylight for the lightning.

I would like to do this with similar effect and lighting that you have achieved with your Haunted House. Would you also send me a file on how to do that? Any help is appreciated.

Eric - I think the above should answer most of your questions. If not let me know.

As everyone else seemed to prefer the second version without the rain I think I'm going to forget the rain or maybe just have very light rain.

Well, here is a third version now with creatures added and also, the above mentioned, lightning.

Haunted House 3