Hash, Inc. Forums

Anyone remember this guy...?

Hsdhman

When I was 8-11 years old, I used to purchase Sonic the Hedgehog comic books every month. I picked one of them up recently, and realized that even though 99% of the comic was extremely dorky, there was one character that stood out.

In a certain issue, Sonic was Mechanized by the evil Doctor Robotnik, and this new Mecha-Sonic actually looked pretty badass.

Has anyone else seen this guy? I decided to start building him, but I'm having troubles with his head - those strange big pokey things on the back are inconsistent in almost every frame, yet they seem to have some order to them. I can't quite figure them out.

Here's what I got so far:

mech_body_done.jpg

mech_body_done_2.jpg

Its got no textures or anything, but I think that yellow thing on the arm needs some mechanical-looking rectangle bumpmapping.

What do y'all think?

I think I was in college thanks fro rub bing it in :D

Seriously I dont remember but the model looks very cool ,did it / does it serve a purpose rom this comic ?

Is there more to it ?

I dont know Im old :lol:

notice in the lol emoticon it has no teeth well there you go :wacko:

The only purpose to me building this is to gain experience. I'm very new to hash, and I find modelling to be very difficult still. I probably spent 2-3 hours on those yellow kneecap things. :P

"is there more to it" - well obviously its only half of the model. I'm still hung up on the head, trying to neatly direct splines into the spike things.

I like the hand best myself - up close it looks neat. I can hardly believe that I made it.

I'll do some more tomorrow...it's kinda late and I still have to do all of my english homework... English bites...BTW, Where can I get chapter summaries of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest".... :D

Just kidding.