Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

CLOTHESLINE

Just my two cents, I think everything works great, wouldn't mess with too much; camera angles, etc. The lack of clarity seems to be coming from the fact that the "objects" line up too closely with the doc's wrists -- I actually thought he was wearing clear gloves at first. If they were off center a bit, I think you might be home free.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I thought he was wearing surgeon's gloves and was performing a sex change operation. Just pulling new parts out of the pink "male" character.

LOL I didn't even think of that. Maybe as doug suggested simply adding eyelashes to her would help. thanks for the observation!

The implant joke needs to be more obvious. Try rendering a closeup of the surgeon holding up the bags and try to give some other clue as to what they are. Cut back to the long shot and get him to pinch up a flap of pink skin before stuffing in the bags. Just a suggestion. You could still follow with the squash and pop.

I think you are correct it does need to be more obvious. I thought it was but from the feed back I have received its not obvious right now. thanks alot for the suggestions!

Just my two cents, I think everything works great, wouldn't mess with too much; camera angles, etc. The lack of clarity seems to be coming from the fact that the "objects" line up too closely with the doc's wrists -- I actually thought he was wearing clear gloves at first. If they were off center a bit, I think you might be home free.

Hey, thanks for the observation and suggestions. Holding them off to the side may help quite a bit. I will change that up a bit. thanks

I think it might read better if the Doc does one at a time. He reaches down (squash) then grabs a handful of skin and lifts up and with the other hand pushes the bags(s) underneath, as he does so we see the new body shape!

Cheers

I think it might read better if the Doc does one at a time. He reaches down (squash) then grabs a handful of skin and lifts up and with the other hand pushes the bags(s) underneath, as he does so we see the new body shape!

Yep that would definitely do it. thanks for the ideas

Or she could aready have a smaller chest.

and another good idea!

Thanks a lot people it's back to the drawing board :)

David,

It reads much better now.

I'm imagining the sounds that might be in this when you get to that point. The test "pull" he does on her could be histerical. And the sound of the implants, too.

I'm thinking there will be no lipsync, is that right? The sound track could be just fun sound effects and music.

Thanks for showing your updates!

Jim

Oh yes, that is very clear now. Great update.

Now - we need a reaction on her face when he pulls at her chest before the implant. Sort of a look of pain or a whince. Also a slight reaction in her body would further improve it.

Doug

I'm imagining the sounds that might be in this when you get to that point. The test "pull" he does on her could be histerical. And the sound of the implants, too..

I agree with ya on the sound effects. A stretching sound or little squeal from her as he pulls on the skin would really make the shot.

I'm thinking there will be no lipsync, is that right? The sound track could be just fun sound effects and music.

Yep, you are right no lipsync. Just sound effects and music loops. Gerry has offered to do the sound work.

Thanks Gerry!

Now - we need a reaction on her face when he pulls at her chest before the implant. Sort of a look of pain or a whince. Also a slight reaction in her body would further improve it.

Yes, good suggestions thanks Doug

Also, she could give a sort of "happy surprise" reaction to the result.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing a pleased look on her face would be fitting

God, what must the female AM users be thinking!  It's all in the name of making a short better!

LOL I was thinking the same thing but I want to go on record as saying on not obsessed with that that part of the female anatomy I have never even modeled

a female before :rolleyes:

Yeah, this short looks like fun and I really enjoy playing with sound effects. I do need a freeware sound mixer if anyone can make a suggestion, either Mac or PC will do. The one I've been using, a free version of WavePad, has only one track as far as I can tell.

Doug

LOL,

She could slap him in the face. You probably don't want to make the shot too busy but she is a little lifeless on the table!

Cheers

Ok haven't had much time to work on it in the last week. This is the shot that comes before the last shot I posted. (doctor) I would say shot is about 90% done its always that last 10 % that slows me down hehe.

This is when he first meets female character.

First 10 seconds of female isn't animated yet but she is just standing there anyway, thought I would post to see if it reads OK? Also curious if the blue guy looks too floaty?

http://www.5000hp.com/animations/handslaptest.mov

This is looking great, nice natural movements and secondary body language. A couple of things aren't clear though. Is she sprouting a wedding veil and asking for a ring? If yes then its working, but the veil maybe should be more ornate, and maybe she gestures to her hand in addition to holding it out. And maybe eyelashes on the girl to clarify that she's a girl.

I know a couple of these things have come up already, so sorry if I'm being redundant.

Again looking swell David.

One thing - Just before the hand slap, when he puts his glasses back on and he sorta waves to her, it looks almost as if he's waving at the camera instead of her. Maybe rotate his head more towards her there.

I don't think he looks too floaty.

Doug

I am wondering about the "slap-stick" colors. I believe you will get tired of them after a while... Why not use some murky scenens too? And then sometimes let the slap-stick colors go more brighter almost neon sometimes.

I believe you have to have some music to follow giving you the emotional settings and then trying to play with the colors following the music...

Just some wonderings...

:D