Hash, Inc. Forums

Non-sword, non-gun weapons.

I love designing new weapons. I remember thinking how cool it would be to have a light saber with two "blades". The next Star Wars movie I saw had it! Cool....must have mind melded with George! :D

Hutch - any tips on making a helmet/sword/shield? kilda wanna make a roman soldier

Well, google is your friend. You can find tons of info from those crazy guys that re-enact. I found actual dimensions and images that I used as rotoscopes. The helmet was a pain and still has some bumpiness at certain angles but Roman helmets look like they would be a little easier because they are not all one piece like my corinthian helmet. I did a little bit of googling for Roman stuff and it looks like there is way more info than for the Greeks.

I don't know what praetorians wore but this is what I was thinking of. I didn't say it was easy, just easier. I found this pretty quick by doing a google image search for "roman helmet." It may take a while to find good images but after you have looked at a bunch of them you can sort of fill in any discrepancies in your rotoscopes.

post-8-1107377361.gif