Hash, Inc. Forums

UFO

zandoriastudios

That's gorgeous William! I even hear the ET music in my head as I watch it - it's probably beyond the brief, but it would be particularly cute if at the very end the ship streaked from right to left across the screen... perhaps something to consider for the showreal.

I especially like the work on the light "chases" - action or pose, light or surface?

Cool animations. The only thing I think you should do is make the landing on the second animation a little less uniform. Maybe have it so one leg hits the ground first or have it so the ship rocks a bit more like there compensating for the ground, sorta like a harrier when it lands.

The orange and blue lights are just an animated ambience map. I didn't know how to make the animated decal loop, so I just made a sequence long enough to cover all of the shots that have the saucer in them.

I still have to put some foreground vegetation, that I'm still waiting on the tapes... won't be using particles, but maybe a lense flare :rolleyes:

I thought I had a good grasp on the plot before this, now I'm lost. Where did the UFO come in?

A minor critique- When the door opens in the landing sequence the light turns on before the door opens.

Zackt.

Will, after this comes out you're gonna be getting calls from all over about doing sfx.

The orange and blue lights are just an animated ambience map. I didn't know how to make the animated decal loop, so I just made a sequence long enough to cover all of the shots that have the saucer in them.

In 10.5, you want to choose "Show more than drivers" on the choreography shortcut, then look down in the Decal properties and change the Frame value over time. You can then change the end method on the resulting driver just like you would on anything else.

Just FYI. What you have works fine, of course. :)

Zach

Hi Will, looks great.

I have three suggestions,

If the saucer settled into the sand, ie there was some give in the legs and the disks sank into the sand slightly it would increase then sense of weight when it settled.

Some particle effects on the sand as the struts moved.

A projected light pattern on the ground which moved with the saucers light would make it sit better, especially with a couple of matching bounce lights.

And some bloom, although I always do this in the composite, would help match live action.

I really like it .:)

I noticed that the main projection of light is the door opening and closing I was wondering if the lights that fold away should project some ?

I thought the the hesitation of the ship could have even been a little longer to anticipate the abrupt take-off

Outrageously cool! Shades of Lost In Space..."Danger Will Robinson...: :D

The landing shot was particularly nice. As mentioned in an earlier post, why not have some indents in the sand, as well as some particles showing the force of the ship kicking some sand up? In any event, very well done!

I like the landing! :D

A couple of crits: I would like to see the camera move a bit to give it a handheld look. Also once the landing gear rests on the ground, the body should settle down and compress the legs a bit to convey weight. But this is just my $0.02 worth :)

Its a great clip! I would love to see more!

Joseph

www.be3d.org

• 3 weeks later...