Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

New Short

Guest mrsl13

Hello,

I recently finished a live action short titled "Time Serpent" my two sons ages 9 and 11 (this is how old they are now not at the time I filmed/video'd them) came up with the basic idea. My boys love to do this stuff and have me add things with animation master. The Short is about 13 MB in mov format (codec is Sorenson? I think) it's not professional but then neither am I.

It's in my sbcglobal yahoo briefcase and its set to "everyone" so I'm hoping all that wish to view it can. I'm not sure if they have a limit on downloads so if they do please forgive me beforehand.

Also..the model I used as the Serpent was a free model I got off the web somewhere, if yours please let me know..and my sons wanted to say they really like the model.

Take care and thank you.

Mike Cossey

Link:

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/mscoss...?.dir=/AM+Clips

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the boys and I appeciate the comment, thank you...it was good to hear also that you were able to download/view it, wasn't sure if that yahoo briefcase thing would work.

Mike and Sons

Gosh, what a wonderful way to have fun with your hobby *and* spend time with your kids. :D

Yeah, it's a little rough around the edges. But it looks like you had fun doing it, and they had fun doing it. And that's really what matters. Rock on!

Mike Lium

Did the whole file download or are you trying to watching it in the browser? I'm no expert on this though, I did it in mov format in hopes it would be most compatable for both PC and Mac.

Mike Cossey

TAH DAH :D

I downloaded it again and changed the mov to avi and then it was playable in Quicktime .

Not sure if it decoded right though becaust they were spoeaking a really strange language :D

I tought it was quite clever how you did it and the kids ( Im asuming yours ) were great to.

I really thought the serpent was pretty cool and I laughed the AHH translation :lol:

Finally Im whole :D:lol::P:lol::o:rolleyes::wacko:

Good to see you got it working..avi ?...I don't get it but then again I dont get alot of things..an if it works :rolleyes: .My boys like to speak in broken Japaneese (spelling?)...well off to my next live action short...yes they are my sons..they keep me thinking young..even though I dont feel it...

Thanks for the review'

Mike Cossey

• 4 weeks later...

I like it alot Mike. I especially like when the serpent starts chasing them. Nice use of particle effects as well. Out of curiosity, your link to your briefacase worked. I did that and no one but me could get into it because they would have to sign in under my name for it to work. How did you get it so we dont haved to sign in???

Sean

Sean,

When I created the folders in the briefcase I had the option to set it to private or public where anyone could view it.....I have SBCglobal DSL / Yahoo so I'm not sure if that is a option with that service..

Thanks for the feedback ,my sons like the comments and me too.

Mike Cossey