Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My Batmobile Model

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Add reflection to the car so it reflects the surrounding. You might want to play with spec size as well. Try size:80, intensity: 150 and go from there :).

Looking good except for a few lump here and there.

Nice start! Especially since you just got those blueprints a couple days before.

There are a lot of factors that go into the surface properties of a car. Your car needs sharper specular highlights and reflections. Here are some links to help your reflections

Soft Reflections

Reflection Blend

Reflection Filter

Fresnel Term

but remember that the reflection is affected the most by the actual shape of the reflective model.

You may also want to use Render Shader Plugins

Looking forward to seeing more. I love the Batmobile.

It looks like you have some ambience on the car? It looks like it is "glowing" slightly.

I would recommend not using ambience at all. If it needs to be "brighter" adjust the lights. I find ambience gives things an unreal quality and is hard to control.

Just some food for thought...

...hmm... food... now I'm hungry...

Vernon "!" Zehr

Thanks for all the pointers guys!! I'm going to add head & tail lights. I'll take the Ambiance off the car & add some reflections to it are there any tricks I can use to get rid of the lumps or does it all have to be done by hand?

Thanks for all your help If this mobile model gets any better I think I'll have to re-visit the Batman model too. He doesn't look nearly as good up close as he does from far...

I'll keep you all posted :)

• 5 weeks later...

Unless it's part of the blue prints, I'd think that the jet intake at the front of the car needs to be more roundish instead of looking like someone took a sledge hammer to it.

Also, the decal on the ground right underneath the car needs to be a bit more crisp, not so fuzzy. This is something I've run into a few times and I've yet to find a solution except for maybe a higher resolution image for the stamp.

Otherwise it is a most excellent rendering.