Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

First model nearly complete, need some tips

Hello,

Here is an update of my 'Mumby" guy. Again this guy is simple a model for me to work on rigging with TSM2 and begin animation practice, so I'm not concerned about getting him perfect.

Is there any way I can smooth him up a bit without tweaking splines? Also, with the rounded parts (front of feet, front of nose) I've got these funky triangles where it closes. Will it render like that, can I fix it some way?

Also, does anyone know of a tutorial where I can make the surface look like plastic, or clay, or cartoonish in some manner? Something simple perhaps...

post-7-1105744847.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

The creases at the feet result of too tight spline-circles...

I think it is already on the go to become bigger again. Try to scale the circle to a vaule, where the points are tight together, but on the ride "side"...

Just scale them a bit larger and you will see what is wrong.

(sorry, cant explain it in a better way...)

*Fuchur*

Hey Tom,

I don't know if it's the "right" thing to do, but I hate having holes where they don't belong, so I rarely just shrink the circle of cps together. Instead I join them to make new patches and close it off. That's another way to solve you foot problem.

While I don't know how it works, porcelain is supposed to be the best way to smoothe things out. I believe there is a tutorial on it's use at the resource matrix, or if not I bet someone has a link to the tut handy and could post it.

As for making it plasticy... sorry, I have no idea on that one.

Good luck,

Mal

What I do in those cases is select just the very tip of the ( toe in this case) hit the H key to hide the rest Zooooooom way in and you'll see that it's basicly a single spline with a bunch of cp's (a circle) but it's all wadded up sorta smooth it out as best you can so that it's a nice round circle and it'll render a lot better hope this makes sense