Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

"Big Bang" animation - UPDATE 3/8

vnavone

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
For some reason the video won't work on my machine. The anim shows all white and quicktime says there's a compresser missing. How would I get it it to work?

Only thing I can think of is to reinstall a fresh copy of Quicktime on your machine. Or maybe try downloading it to your local drive and playing it back in Quicktime Player rather than in your browser.

Wow, that's a really nice piece. I like his reaction, it shows he's in the moment really well to me- not broadcasting too much or indicating unnecessarily. His look as he goes down is priceless, and the time he takes to experience that his landing is OK at the end reads really well to me.

Only thing missing for me is the thought that's going to cross his mind next and lead to his next action... "Let's do that again...."

Wow, that's a really nice piece.  I like his reaction, it shows he's in the moment really well to me- not broadcasting too much or indicating unnecessarily.  His look as he goes down is priceless, and the time he takes to experience that his landing is OK at the end reads really well to me.
Thanks!

Only thing missing for me is the thought that's going to cross his mind next and lead to his next action... "Let's do that again...."
What happens next is a part of the story that I don't want to reveal just yet, which is why it may feel like there's a beat missing at the end.

I'm not fit to critique :) but what the hell. I found the movement of the ring-hat after the landing to be somewhat distracting--I'm watching that instead of his eyes and his smile.

But what a smile! I can actually see him thinking: "Whoa. That was cool!"

When are we going to see some other shots? Please please please!

Very nice Victor! The timing and weight feel great now! If I were being nit-picky (and for some reason all of us animators are nit-picky) I'd say that your little dude could hit with just a tad more force when he falls back down on the planet. But I think that's more of a personal preference than a real issue. So, if you're happy with it... move on and show us the next shot. :) C'mon man... you know you want to.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Man! I don't believe this. I have been reading this thread (and a long one at that) on a machine that can't view the film. I have all these crazy images in my mind of what the clip looks like: Rings around the head, planet landings, cool recoveries, excellent expressions.

I'm dying to get home, download the movie and watch it.

Then I get to the last couple of posts and find out it isn't there.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

It's like this ginormous build up to a huge crescendo. The ultimate giant thing to happen ever in all of history and then....