Hash, Inc. Forums

My first rigged charactor

basicman.jpg

I've finally modeled and rigged something that works. He's not totally original I saw something like this somewhere and liked the look so I made my own. but the rigging is all mine. Thanks to Sonofpat for the tuts. in fact thanks to everyone that gave anyone any advice on modeling and rigging. I read these forums alot but I don't post much. If I have a ? usually someone has asked it before me. So anyway please check this guy out take him apart tell me how to make him better.Then I'm gonna start learning to animate!

Get him here

Yes Wegg you're right I saw some pictures of Mr. Cosmans model on the 10sec club's site and thought he'd be perfect to learn with. So I made my own just like it. Kinda like a grown up Thom! Maybe Thom's big brother? I might call him Wally...............Now for Thom's sister...

Hmmm..I move some bones and nothing moves..did you use a rigger for this? Besides, that, the model structure is great, but also, you should disconnect the shin BONE from the foot, because the foot basically looks like flubber and it's not a very flexible animation area when it comes to moving it

I agree with jamagica... something is horribly wrong with the rigging. null for the right hand won't work with it... I'll stop there. You should be able to figure out the rest... Other than that It's a good model. I like the way the foot is so flexible.

Wow. I'm impressed! I just played with it a little and everything seems to work great!

I tried rigging myself and got so frustrated I just bought TSM, which has worked great so far. But I admire you for figuring out how to build your own rig...I'm sure that skill will be very valuable.

The only thing that I would change is to disconnect the neck bone from the head bone. I think that would make it easier to control.

Other than that great rig!!!!!

Congrats.

No, not exactly. But if you change the type to percentage this will allow you to set a new default. Open pose sliders and right click on the pose you want to set on to. Move your cursor down to "settings" and open it. Default will be at the top of the window. I don't know how to set default in on off type though. But I'm sure there is a way.

post-7-1105858418.jpg

I believe you can set the default value of an ON/OFF pose by clicking the model in the PWS. Then in the properties panel expand the user properties and any folders needed to get to the pose. Where it says OFF if you click it should now say ON and that is the new default.

Would sonofpats "Skinbones" be the same thing as fanbones? His arm tut looks awesome, I think I'm going to try to learn his system.

I also bought TSM2, but it seems that you need to know a certain amount of rigging to really use it effectively, and I am not there yet. I've run my first model through the rigger a few times and gotten subpar results.

Tom