Hash, Inc. Forums

Jet racer

I'm not sure how to avoid the crashing, but I find that some times adding or changing something in one of the poses makes the crash go away.

What I can help you with is how to properly delete poses. The confusing thing is that you have to delete a pose in two places to completely remove it. First delete the pose listed in the Project Work Space under Relationships and then click on the model and delete the same pose under User Properties in the Properties window.

PoseDelete.jpg

Bill Gaylord

• 2 weeks later...

The afterburner is a streak emitter with a particle size of .6m with a transparancy that changes over time to 0% after 3 frames. Glow is set to on

the smoke trail is a different streak emitter with a 1.2m particle that fades in after 4 frames and fades out after 5 seconds

Hi Nathan!

Great racers, the black one is my favourite so far.

Here is another one of the racers I plan on using, Still debating on what color the number should be.

You should get away with more or less any colour with a black background.

Personally I'd go for a metallic colour like gold/silver/bronze or a bright red if I really wanted it to stand out.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Mike

Its funny, but everyone I have shown the two planes to has liked the black one better, they say it is more space age. I still like the orange one (so much that I have rigged poses for all the control surfaces and corresponding controls), but it shocks me how much people prefer the black. On that thought does any one have any ideas as to how to have a black model that still can show shadows on itself? do I need to increase specular size to something ludicrous? or should I change it to grey?

• 2 weeks later...

The green one, soon to be no 55. the one with the spline problems. THis model has some ugly internal splines that I can't delete ot AM crashes. but their are only two ugly splines and they are internals so they get to stay. also the ugly patch behind the cockpit is from another problematic spot where the software would not let me put a 5 point patch, period

post-7-1107543258.jpg