Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Anime character

Roughy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice character, but I think it's not very anime. First I think the eyes are too big and too close each other. Second, the nose does not looks right, and the top of the head is too low...

This is my humble opinion! :ph34r:

here: http://www.polykarbon.com/tutorials/ you can find more about proportions!

Oh, btw...

I like the shading ;) and wiresmile.gif

• Admin

Looking good Roughy! :)

Your first character definitely looks more feminine with her new eyes.

Good job.

On the second character you have the anime style down but that shadowing...

... Intensional?

She looks sinister even.

I'd put a light in front of her face right inside the model.

Anime or not... I liked the Eyes closer together. Those far apart eyes (which is NOT the classic anime style, its something I've noticed happening more recently) just creeps me out (When they get too close to the edge of the face, almost like fish).

Anyway, looks like a good effort all around- what are your plans for the character?

• Admin

Pete,

You're talking about the second one right?

The avatar looks a little 'gollum' like and maybe its the eyes that are doing it.

I couldn't put my finger on what looked off and I assumed it must be the shadow.

yah lol. i noticed the whole shadow thing as well. thats just the defult placement in chor, didnt bother to change it. as for the eyes being far apart..... the anime i used as a base for that character is from 1997, i guess thats recently, but i kinda like that style.

im doing the character for a short, scifi of course. mainly dog fight (space) but also a few indoor shoot outs.

know my chances of ever finishing it are slim to non, but, maades..

• 2 weeks later...

i was messing around with different toon shaders, this one gave it kind of a....angel look O_o.

should prolly keep it like that, even tho i didnt realy mean for her hair to be pink.

im looking to texture the hair a bit, ye know them usualy lines, but its kiiinda giving me a hard time, specialy the strains of hair that are sticking out front, not realy sure how to approach it.

Nice work! Looking very good.

Just want to chime in with something, don't let anyone tell you what "anime" is. Different shows each have their own style, some more realistic than others (Ghost in the Shell, Crying Freeman) some are super-cute and chibi or grossly exaggerated (DBZ)

Do what you think looks good :) To heck with the naysayers.