• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Lom,

Looks good to me. :)

Two things I'd recommend.

You may not need that many splines to get the same model. (An artistic choice and I don't think in your case it would interfere with animation either way). Example: At the head and radiating out from the eye I think you could easily cut the splines in half.

The grasshoppers I remember examining when I was a kid weren't as short as the one you made. I'm sure there are all kinds and sizes though. After you go final on this one perhaps you can make a variation that is longer. (I'm talking in the back section.

I like him. Do you have plans to swarm him in an animation or is this for a still image?

Lom,

Looks good to me. :)

Two things I'd recommend.

You may not need that many splines to get the same model. (An artistic choice and I don't think in your case it would interfere with animation either way). Example: At the head and radiating out from the eye I think you could easily cut the splines in half.

The grasshoppers I remember examining when I was a kid weren't as short as the one you made. I'm sure there are all kinds and sizes though. After you go final on this one perhaps you can make a variation that is longer. (I'm talking in the back section.

I like him. Do you have plans to swarm him in an animation or is this for a still image?

I agree with this comment. It would look more "real" if the abdomen was longer.

Your model so far is very easily recognized as a grasshopper but i think that it could use a few tweeks and details, like the detail level of the legs.

There are plenty of grasshopper images to be had from a google images search