South Georgia

Ti Moute

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty far south.

About 60 miles from Florida.

Atlanta is about a 180-200 mile trip for me each way.

But the Atlanta group may be the closest group.

Hopefully, someone will be in the Albany, Georgia area or the Tallahassee, Florida area.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm in Chattanooga (Cleveland, TN actually) and I would love to gather round and talk about what I don't know.

Wade

There are a couple others around too. Odinseye I believe in Atlanta and Will Sutton a.k.a Zandoria here in Chattanooga.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm in Chattanooga (Cleveland, TN actually) and I would love to gather round and talk about what I don't know.

Wade

Cleveland???

Shoot, I drive through there a couple of times a month (avoiding Chattanooga).

Going back through there on Thursday afternoon (1-20-05).

David

I can do February 12th. If we can set it up, we should definitely carpool.

I don't have any secret techniques unless you count the cuss words that I use.

I would like t0 talk about game programming stuff though.

I did however, get a laptop which is pretty sweet. It is one of the leftovers here at work and is not even remotely close to what I wanted but, they could have said no. So I am happy with it. 800Mhz Sony Vaio AMD something or other with only 128MB ram. I don't even know what the vid card is. I am afraid to find out.

It is loaded down with every bit of software development software I own though and serving that purpose nicely.

Anyway.....definitely up for Feb12

Let me know

Wade

I can do Feb 12th as far as my schedule sits today.

Wade and Will,

If you drive to exit 306 (Adarisville) on I75, I can drive the rest of the way to Atlanta.

You can either leave your car at my house or one of the restaraunts at that exit.

What time of day should the group meet in Atlanta?

Looking forward to meeting you all.

David

I can adjust to any weekend. If we would rather shift to the 5th or 19th, just let me know. My wife's cousin owns an H&R Block in Knoxville and sometime soon we will need to go up to get our taxes done. So I will need to work that into the mix. Just waiting on my house statement.

Wade

Ok.. We are on for the 12th. At Barnes and Noble on Dallas Hwy. Its only a mile away from my house.. so thats the backup.

Here is a map to the meeting.

http://www.colins-loft.net/free/usergroup/...ble-from-75.gif

Lets plan on meeting at noon. Unless you guys have a better time.

Bring your laptops if you've got them (batteries charged). Theres a starbucks there and some restaurants we can eat at after the meeting if you guys want.

I'd like to get a head count so we can move it if the size of the group gets to big. And in case I decide to put something together for those that showup. No promises.

So who's coming?

Colin

I'm in!

Will, I believe I have your phone number in an email somewhere, I will give you a call this weekend or early next week. We should ride together. If my car is not in the shop getting my road gator damage fixed, we can cruise in the Mini. If it is in the shop my other option is a piece of crap 95' Ford Ranger (this is ultimately my son's car if he would ever make a decent grade, he turns 17 today, my wife will not let me have her Sorento). So if that is the case, you can drive. :D

Wade

Checking on my schedule (may have a planned activity) with the keeper of the calendar. I might want to come as it would be just nice as a newer user to watch some folks who use it more that I do. Coming from Suwanee (GA).

Edit - I am going.

Will, i will call you tomorrow. I have quite a few PDF books that I got from a programmer friend. Even if you are not making your own game engine, some of the info is great from a design standpoint. I will pick out the best and most appropriate and burn them for you. Makes for some good brain ache reading while the wife is watching Desperate Housewives or whatever.

Man am I glad my wife doesn't watch that show.

Wade

Just a quick note to all from the Atlanta Users Group (man that sounds like therapy).

I was great to meet all of you in Marietta, now there are faces to go with the forum names.

Sorry I had to bale at the end while you were all snacking, but the fam was waiting for me to treat them (they really just wanted me to pay for it) :D to an early dinner.

There is trully some great tallent in the Atlanta group. WOW.

Thanks,

David

hmmm, What happened?

well first lets talk about who was there.

Will Sutton, J (middleguy) Griffon, David Dustin, Wade Sacca, Sevenar, gsellis, and me.

Will gave out copies of his Kong model. I gave Wade Sacca a copy of Jeff Lew's Learning 3d character Animation DVD.

I showed what I'd been doing for the last year and a half. I also gave a peek at my Mechanical Contest entry. Showed some stuff about the rigging tutorials I'm working on.

J showed some peices from his short he's working on (which was very cool).

There was lots of talk about AM and what you can and can't do with it.. More can than can't.

Went on for about 2 hours, then we went and ate burritos at a burrito joint close by.

Did I leave anything out guys?

C

• 3 months later...

Count me in when you decide on a date, I'll work around it.

The busy area didn't bother me, but I wish there was more table space.

All the geeks with laptops take up a lot of room.

David

• 2 weeks later...