Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

'Xmas comp stuff'

Okay, as promised, here is the set that I was working on for the 'Christmas' image competition. I still have much to do but here are some test renders that I did to check lighting. I was also doing some photon mapping tests with this room at the time but have put that on hold for the moment.

Image 1:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice mood in the room. I like the first on the best.

It's good to be able to crit your own work. And working in a rushed manner doesn't allow you to do your best. But your characters look good and with the fixes you spotted will only get better.

Thanks for sharing your progress.

Jim

The images are not in chronological order. Image 1 was the last render though.

Anyone know what is causing the blue triangle in the mirror? I guess that it has something to do with reflecting volumetric light but would like to be able to pin that down to avoid it in future renders.

Critiques and Comments are welcome. :unsure:

Thank you, Jim.

Thank you for your encouragement.

I love what you have been doing with hair recently.

Actually, I did manage to groom the hair, beard and fur into a satisfactory style but I did it in a model window and when I brought it into the choreography it went back to the 100% spikey look. Is there a way to bring hair styles into a choreography without them getting messed up?

Is it possibly the choreography's background color showing through or being reflected?

Possibly but there is nothing that would produce a reflection of that shape. The back wall is closed of except for a doorway, which is were the camera is positioned. There are two windows, each with a Klieg light, but the blue triangle does not match what I would expect. I may be overlooking a reflection from some other surface but I don't think so.

Thanks for looking. :)