Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Darth Vader WIP

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks great. I especially like the reflections and glossy feel...

However, yes, way to dark... if you look hard you can see the potential.. someone just needs to turn on a "light saber" so we don't stub our toes...

I wonder if Darth ever stepped on his helmet going to the bathroom at night? Man! That would hurt if it was face up...

p.s. Funny thought...

I just got the DVD set of Star Wars and noticed that George has gone in and updated certain voices and faces to reflect the new episodes...

Could you imagine how p.o'd you would be if you were the guy who played the emperor in Empire Strikes Back only to find you have been replaced... can you keep that on your resume?

I know that Boba Fett only had a couple of lines, but still... I bet that voice actor picked up some chicks.. "yeah baby, I was in Star Wars."

Now what is he going to do?

Vernon "May the Schwartz be with you" Zehr

Thanks for all the feedback fellas. I will note your concerns on the specularity etc. Is there a way to get specularity that looks like it came from a flourescent light? That kind of long, tube look? Actually the hardest part of the whole thing was getting all the specularity and reflectivity to work with all the dark colors, and as you can see I'm still working on that.

Starwarsguy is right, there is an good amount of gray in the mask itself-more than black, I noticed that looking at reference pictures. Its most prominent in the chin, but I haven't got there yet.

Zaryin pointed out on brightness, I'll keep that in mind. For now, I'm using my laptop at school, which is terrible for color and calibrating <_<

Here's a shaded wireframe.

post-7-1102888999.jpg